It’s the second day of #CranberryWeek hosted by Caroline of Caroline’s Cooking. We’re sharing cranberry-inspired creations all week long in celebration of national cranberry day. Search #CranberryWeek to keep up to date and follow the #CranberryWeek Pinterest board for more cranberry inspiration.
Do you have a themed beverage at your holiday gatherings?
This punch I’m sharing for #CranberryWeek is non-alcoholic, but that doesn’t mean you can’t add a little something to it should you desire.
The simple syrup created for this drink uses brown sugar instead of granulated sugar, giving it a beautiful Autumn color. Star anise, cinnamon, nutmeg, and orange impart their flavor on the sweetener.
Burst cranberries provide a bit of pizzazz that dress this punch up for holiday season.
Cranberry Cider Punch
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 1/3 C water, divided use
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise pods
- 1/2 small clementine peel
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 C fresh cranberries
- 3 C apple cider
- 1 1/2 C cranberry juice
- 1 bottle (12.7 oz) ginger beer
- Make simple syrup: In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, 1 C water, cinnamon sticks, star anise, clementine peel, and nutmeg. Bring to a low boil until sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Put cranberries and remaining 1/3 C water in a small skillet. Heat over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries burst. Remove from heat.
- In a pitcher (or punch bowl), combine the cider, cranberry juice, 2/3 C simple syrup, and ginger beer. Gently stir to combine.
- Serve over crushed ice and garnish with burst cranberries.
*This recipe is adapted from Jessica at https://www.howsweeteats.com/2014/11/cranberry-cider-punch/*
Be sure to check out these other great cranberry recipes:
Cranberry Chicken Salad Wrap by Making Miracles
Cranberry Dijon Ham by Cookaholic Wife
Cranberry Cider Punch by Sew You Think You Can Cook
Cranberry Margaritas by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Cranberry Orange Wild Rice by Jonesin’ for Taste
Fresh Cranberry Muffins by Family Around the Table
Pickled Cranberries by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Salad with Cranberry, Pear, Walnuts and Gorgonzola by Palatable Pastime