I’ve declared that I will be taking a break from blogging for a bit. So what am I doing just a couple weeks later with a brand new blog post?!
Well, I also stated that Sew You Think You Can Cook wouldn’t disappear either. I have a couple of fun blog link-up events in the near future, yet. It’s looking like one, maybe two, per month throughout the summer months.
Hopefully I’ll be back a little less sporadically come the start of the school year in September. Sew You Think You Can Cook just might have a slightly new vibe come then.
My fun post for June is the one you’re reading right now – today’s Fantastical Food Fight! The task? Peaches & Cream. The requirement? A dish that involves both peaches and cream.
Originally I was thinking an ice cream.
I’m sorry to burst that bubble, but as fate had it, my husband requested some sort of French toast with our Farmer’s Market peaches for breakfast over Memorial Day weekend.
This French toast is quite simply. Eggs + milk (or cream!) + bread. What makes this dish pop are the caramelized peaches you put on top of that French toast. A dollop of whipped cream doesn’t hurt anything, either.
Peaches & Cream French Toast
- 6-8 slices bread
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 C milk or cream
- 3/4 C sugar
- 1/2 C water
- 5 tbsp butter
- 2-3 peaches, sliced or chopped
- cinnamon sugar, for serving
- whipped cream, for serving
- Whisk together the eggs and milk/cream in a shallow bowl.
- Preheat griddle or a large pan over medium heat.
- Dip bread in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Cook on greased griddle until golden on both sides.
- In a small pan over medium-high heat, combine sugar and water. Once the sugar is dissolved do not mix. Allow mixture to caramelize 8-10 minutes. Melt in the butter. Add the chopped peaches and cook 3-4 minutes. Pour over French toast.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and serve with whipped cream.
*This recipe is adapted from Dina at http://simplyhomecooked.com/caramelized-peach-french-toast/*
To check out the other Fantastical Peaches & Cream recipes click here:
If you would like to join our Fantastical Food Fight, you can learn more on our informational page.
13 thoughts on “#FantasticalFoodFight: Peaches & Cream”
I love this idea!! What a lovely summer weekend breakfast. Great FFF recipe!
So glad you are posting, even if on a leisurely schedule! This breakfast looks amazing. Lucky husband!
The perfect way to start breakfast! YUM!
YUM Lauren, I hope that you are enjoying your well deserved break and having some Summer fun
Perfect choice for first Monday favorites as well Lauren.
So much better than ice cream…you don’t have to feel guilty for eating for breakfast!
A delicious breakfast. Ideal treat for the weekend.
Thanks so much stopping by and linking this to First Monday Favorites. And now I want some,sigh.
Oooh caramelized peaches on top! That sounds awesome!