When I think about entertaining, I imagine high top tables surrounded by chatty friends holding some sort of cocktail.
Truth be told, I don’t know why that’s what pops into my mind. I think the only event I’ve been to like that is the cocktail hour portion of a wedding or my brother’s post rehearsal dinner party.
Realistically, entertaining for me involves some sort of sporting event, Thanksgiving, or a kid’s birthday party.
Elegant entertaining is not exactly in my foreseeable future as elegant and toddler boy don’t quite belong in the same sentence. Unless it’s to say, “Don’t plan an elegant party if the toddler boys are going to be around.” As much as I want to have/host an elegant gold Golden Birthday in August, I don’t think it’ll be happening.
If entertaining is in your schedule this summer be sure to check out the 20+ recipes perfect for your next party from the #SundaySupper crew! Thanks to Christie of A Kitchen Hoors Adventures for hosting this event.
Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini
- 1 baguette, sliced on the bias
- olive oil, for brushing
- 1/2 lb mixed wild mushrooms, chopped
- 1 C red grapes, halved
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2-3 tbsp rosemary olive oil
- 6-8 oz whole milk ricotta cheese
- Parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brush baguette slices with olive oil. Season with S+P. Arrange on a baking sheet in a single layer and bake 8 minutes, until golden. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Arrange mushroom, grapes, and shallot on a rimmed baking sheet. Toss evenly to coat in the rosemary olive oil. Bake 8-10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Season ricotta with S+P and a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Spread ricotta onto the baguette slices, top with the cooked mushrooms and a shaving of Parmesan cheese.
*This recipe is modified from Giada at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/mushroom-and-grape-crostini-3636546*
- Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Pear & Mascarpone by The Crumby Cupcake
- Cucumber Finger Sandwiches by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Fiesta Pinwheels by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Grilled Polenta Bruschetta by Simple and Savory
- Spinach Feta Pinwheels by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Sriracha Almonds by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Waffled Twice Baked Potato Pancake Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Wild Mushroom and Grape Crostini by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Bacon-wrapped Chorizo and Date Skewers – Brochetas de Chorizo y Datiles by Food Lust People Love
- Chicken Caprese Bites by Books n’ Cooks
- Chicken Sausage & Fig Naan Bites by Soulfully Made
- Crab Stuffed Mushrooms by My Savory Spoon
- Easy Chicken Pesto and Sun Dried Tomato Croissants by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Grass Fed Beef Meatballs and Cauliflower Cilantro Smear by Our Good Life
- Greek Chicken Gyro Mini Meatballs with Tzatziki Sauce by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Salmon Cakes with Anise Aioli by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Salmon Poke on Wonton Crisps by Authentically Candace
- Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos by Gourmet Everyday
- Tuscan Chicken Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Meringue Bites with Raspberry Yogurt by Cricket’s Confections
- Lemon Bars with Poppy Seed Shortbread by Pies and Plots
- Lime Mascarpone Cheesecake Shooters by Caroline’s Cooking
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement