It’s time for another Monday filled with muffins!
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins to brighten their Mondays. There isn’t a theme to #MuffinMonday posts so anything goes, as long as it’s a muffin! (A big thank you to Kelly of Passion Kneaded for helping organize everything this month.)
Today’s muffin post was really supposed to be shared with another fun blogging group, Crazy Ingredient Challenge. This month’s ingredients were Graham Crackers and Carrots. I had all intentions to post with the group on the 20th but it never happened. (To see everyone else’s carrot & graham cracker combinations click here:
My break from blogging over Easter weekend lasted into the week. My husband was out of town for work but my mom came to visit. And we had a blast! Instead of blogging at night, we were catching up on Once Upon a Time eating snacks and drinking mimosas. During the day we ventured to see the Hollywood Sign (I’ll probably do an entire blog post about our experience) and went to the Palos Verdes Lighthouse where we saw a whale! Firecracker and I had another preschool tour, too.
So, we made these muffins ON the 20th before heading to the lighthouse. We were out all day and there weren’t enough minutes left to my day to photograph, write, and post before the 20th was over on the east coast. So… I’m sharing it with Muffin Monday instead!
But you know what, maybe my doing so will help pique someone’s interest about CIC? Join us!
These muffins are probably not healthy – even though they do have some fruits and veggies mixed right in. They are deliciously moist and full of flavor, though.
Graham Cracker Muffins with Carrots and Raisins
- 9 graham crackers, divided use
- 2 1/4 C flour, divided use
- ½ C sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 C milk
- 1/3 C canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ C shredded carrot
- ½ C raisins
- ¼ C brown sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line 15 standard size muffin cups with liners.
- Pulse graham crackers in a food processor until they’re crumbs.
- In a large bowl, whisk together 2 C flour, 1 C of the graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Fold in the shredded carrot and raisins.
- Fill prepared muffin tins 2/3 of the way with batter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining flour, ¼ C graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice. Stir in the melted butter until crumbly. Top the muffins.
- Bake 16-18 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly.
*This recipe is adapted from HowSweetEats at http://tastykitchen.com/blog/2012/07/graham-cracker-chocolate-chip-muffins/*
And don’t forget to check out these other muffin recipes: