I’m finally back with a muffin for #MuffinMonday! I’ve actually been sitting on these since the summer but other things, like my birthday and Halloween, kept cropping up and I’ve kept having to push my sharing of these beauties back.
Turns out it’s okay though, because Sweet Potato muffins are much more seasonally acceptable in the Fall!
#MuffinMonday is a group of muffin loving bakers who get together once a month to bake muffins to brighten their Mondays. There isn’t a theme to #MuffinMonday posts so anything goes, as long as it’s a muffin!
This muffin recipe came out of one of Food Network Magazines pull-out booklets; this one for 50 muffin recipes.
I love putting sweet potato in baked goods for the added nutritional benefit and it adds to the moisture content. I do think there was a missed opportunity in the batter making – spices! I would definitly suggest adding some pumpkin pie spice, or at the very least some cinnamon!
Firecracker loves helping me bake muffins (or, in his world, “cupcakes”) and he usually eats them without problem. With these muffins, I think he was more interested in licking the chocolate chips than he was with eating the muffin.
Chocolate Chip Pecan Sweet Potato Muffins
- 1 C flour
- 1 C white wheat flour
- 1/4 C chocolate chips
- 1/4 C pecan pieces
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C Greek yogurt
- 1/2 C pureed sweet potato
- 1 stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flours, chocolate chips, pecans, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, brown sugar, yogurt, sweet potato, and butter.
- Combine wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Divide batter among muffin tin.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, until golden and a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly. Allow muffins to cool 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
*This recipe is modified from Food Network Magazine*
And don’t forget to check out these other muffin recipes:
Banana Chocolate Espresso Swirl Muffins from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
Chocolate Banana Crinkle Muffins from Making Miracles
Christmas Morning Muffins from Farm Fresh Feasts
Gingerbread Muffins from Palatable Pastime
Savory Sage Muffins from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Shrimp Scampi Muffins from Food Lust People Love
Stout Spice Muffins from Passion Kneaded