I’m opening up my #ChoctoberFest offerings with the chocolate that’s questionably chocolate. I know, I’m a rebel. I’m talking, of course, about white chocolate.
Upon making these bars I came to the conclusion that, to me, white chocolate tastes like Christmas. I’m not sure why, but there it is. Therefore, I decided to up the Halloween factor because, folks, it’s way too soon for Christmas things.
I took a cranberry white chocolate bar and swapped some raisins. For that spooky black and orange combo I dyed the frosting. Bingo bango. Happy Halloween and happy #ChoctoberFest!
Halloween White Chocolate Raisin Bars
Ingredients for bars:
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 C brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 C white chocolate chips
- 1/2 C raisins
Ingredients for frosting:
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp cream cheese, softened
- 1 – 1/3 C powdered sugar
- 2-3 tsp heavy cream, as needed
- food coloring (optional)
- raisins and white chocolate chips for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×9″ cake pan with foil and lightly grease.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, brown sugar, butter, and vanilla until combined.
- Combine dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in the white chocolate and raisins. Spread into prepared cake pan and bake 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out cleanly.
- Make frosting: Using a hand mixer, combine the butter and cream cheese. Add the powdered sugar 1/3 C at a time until desired sweetness is reached. Add heavy cream a teaspoon at a time as needed to bring the frosting together. If using, mix in the food coloring.
- Spread frosting onto cooled bars. Garnish with white chocolate chips and raisins.
*This recipe is modified from Allison at http://celebratingsweets.com/cranberry-white-chocolate-bars-copycat-starbucks-cranberry-bliss-bars/*
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway and be sure to check out the other bloggers who posted more chocolate recipes today: