You guys, guess what?
You know this super awesome theme for today’s Sunday Supper? Sleepover Foods? Yeah, it was mine!
If you have some super epic ideas, you can easily submit them here.
A big thank you to Marion of Life Tastes Good for hosting the event. I’m so excited to see what everyone has to offer for our virtual sleepover!
Originally, I’d have loved to share a fun popcorn recipe perfect for watching movies late at night. But the reality of doing so had me switching gears to a different salty snack.
Why couldn’t I share popcorn? Well, because I have two little boys, who, while awake ensure I will burn the popcorn every time. They’re also not of popcorn-eating-age, so when I make popcorn I have to wait until after bedtime. But by then, there is zero light by which to take a drool-worthy photograph. And let’s be real, there wouldn’t be any leftover to try shooting some stale-popcorn pictures.
I started thinking about party mixes and thought it’d be fun to make one out of all Goldfish. (No, I am not sponsored by Pepperidge Farm – I WISH!) I thought about my favorite popcorn flavor – salted honey – and knew I wouldn’t be able to transform that to my fishy mix because Treat isn’t yet one year old and can’t have honey. Agave wouldn’t lend enough flavor, so I decided on real maple syrup!
Firecracker was more than happy to be my little model. I put him into a pile of pillows and blankets on the floor and handed him of cup of my Maple Fish Party Mix.
Maple Fish Party Mix
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp real maple syrup
- 2 C cinnamon graham cracker goldfish
- 2 C pretzel goldfish
- 2 C whole grain cheddar goldfish
- 2 C original goldfish
- Melt butter and syrup. You can do this in a small pot on the stove or in a microwave safe bowl.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, toss together all of the goldfish. Pour the melted butter and syrup over the top and toss to coat. Microwave 1:30min, toss, and microwave another 1:30min.
- Spread the goldfish mix onto a baking sheet and allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container. The goldfish will keep up to 2 weeks.
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out ourPinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.