Right before the Super Bowl the Sunday Supper Movement hosted a Big Game Day Recipes event. During that event I shared Slow Cooker Thai Wings. There were a good number of recipes I wanted to try, but the Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat was the one I’d picked to make first! With only two (maybe 2.5) of us, I halved the recipe. I shouldn’t have though, because I ate about half of it for lunch that day! The rest of it was inhaled by my husband. Between the two eating sessions, I stored the dip in the fridge. When cold, it got a little too hard for the chips to hold up against, but a quick 10-15 seconds in the microwave fixed the broken chip problem.
We ate this dip with multigrain tortilla chips (our favorite!), but it would be wonderful with pita, too.
Broccoli Artichoke Dip
- 1 head broccoli, florets chopped
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic, divided use
- ½ can (14 oz) artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 oz cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ C sour cream, at room temperature
- 1 scallion, chopped
- ¼ tsp dried parsley
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 1/8 C Parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice, as needed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss broccoli in olive oil with ½ the garlic. Season with S+P. Place on a baking sheet and roast 15-20 minutes, until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Place broccoli, artichokes, and scallion in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Add cream cheese and sour cream to the food processor and pulse until combined. Mix in the parsley, cumin, and Parmesan, pulse until fully incorporated. Add lemon juice, S+P to taste.
*This recipe is adapted from David at http://cookingchatfood.com/broccoli-artichoke-dip/*