Do you remember that Carolina BBQ Pulled Pork we enjoyed during the not-so-enjoyable Super Bowl? (It’s okay, Cam, I still heart you.) And do you remember how I said we had a LOT of pork? Seriously, we ate pork for a full week. As much as I love pork, we needed a good break from it after that.
One of the leftover ideas I had was to make pizza. Seriously, this pizza might be my favorite pizza I’ve made at home. I used a store bought crust to make life a little easier but made my own sauce using the Carolina BBQ as a base. It was fun!
BBQ-Ranch Pork Pizza
- 3/8 C Carolina BBQ sauce
- 1/8 C buttermilk ranch dressing
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1 (11 oz) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 C Carolina pulled pork
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbsp diced red onion
- 1 tsp fresh parsley (I used Gourmet Garden lightly dried herbs)
- 1 scallion, green parts only
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place pizza dough on a baking sheet.
- Make sauce: In a small bowl whisk together BBQ sauce, ranch, tomato paste, and molasses.
- Spread sauce on pizza dough, leaving a 1″ crust. Top with cheese, pork, onion, and parsley.
- Bake 10 minutes. Allow pizza to cool 5 minutes. Garnish with chopped scallions.