Last month my wonderful friend Tara of Tara’s Multicultural Table threw me a surprise virtual baby shower for my baby boy. The theme behind this blogging event was Thanksgiving.
With a Fall baby, I couldn’t have picked a more perfect theme. Especially when Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I definitely have so much to be thankful for this year.
Tara gathered together a wonderful group of bloggers willing to share a Thanksgiving recipe in honor of my baby boy.
- Don’t forget about breakfast on Turkey Day, Oatmeal Maple Scones by Life on Food should absolutely be offered to family and friends in the morning.
- We always make cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning but these Pumpkin Spice Skillet Cinnamon Roll with Maple Browned Butter Glaze by Cooking with Carlee are perfect for Thanksgiving!
- These Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms by I am a Honey Bee would be a huge hit with my husband and his parents, who will be joining us this year for Thanksgiving. I might just branch out with our menu and make these as a new side!
- Although I can’t remove Papa’s Sweet Potato Casserole from the Thanksgiving table, Hasselback Sweet Potatoes by Curious Cuisiniere are definitely on my must-try list.
- Quince-Chevre Crostata by Culinary Adventures with Camilla is a great recipe to surprise family with in the fall, I guarantee it’ll be the talk of the party.
- Walnuts are tied as my favorite nut and these Candied Walnuts by Love and Confections would make for a perfect sweet snack while playing cards after dinner or even as a fun topping for sweet potatoes!
- This Caramelized Pear Upside Down Cake by A Day in the Life on the Farm is a stunning dessert perfect for any Fall harvest table.
- My sister-in-law and I tried making a pumpkin pie/cheesecake dessert my first Thanksgiving and while delicious, this No Bake Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake by Caleigh’s Kitchen would definitely be the easier route to go without sacrificing any flavor.
- Pecan Pie is my husband’s favorite dessert on Thanksgiving and Christmas and two varieties hit this blogging party: Party Pecan Pie by Food Lust People Love and Pecan Pie by Tara’s Multicultural Table.
Thank you again to all of the bloggers who came to my shower and a huge thank you to Tara for hosting. I hope you all have a fantastic Thanksgiving surrounded by those you love.
2 thoughts on “Thankful for Friends and Bloggers”
You are MOST welcome. So happy to join in the fun.