It’s Halloween and if you’ve been a faithful reader from the beginning you know that means it’s time for my annual Sloppy Joes!
Today I’m sharing Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes.
I’m not here to start a debate on if these are “real”. I’ve never had the Cheese-Wiz version of a Philly and I quite enjoy the kind with thinly sliced steak, grilled onions, and provolone.
We had these sandwiches last year. (Let me say, I’m pretty excited to finally pull these pictures off my camera.) My parents came to town to witness the little man’s first Halloween and this twist on the classic was a huge hit enjoyed by all.
If I’m not in the hospital delivery baby boy #2 then I’ll be awaiting trick-or-treaters with one of my grandma’s sloppy joes in hand. (That’s a teaser for next year’s Halloween post!) At least, I hope to get trick-or-treaters. I was seriously disappointed last year! We got 7, that’s right, I counted, kids at our door. I’m going to pretend it was the freezing rain that yielded such poor results and keep up hope for this year.
Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 C beef broth
- 3 tbsp steak sauce
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat broiler.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Once cooked, add the onions and peppers and saute until tender. Strain excess fat.
- Add the broth and steak sauce and bring to a boil. Allow sauce to thicken to desired consistency.
- Place hamburger buns on a baking sheet. Top the bottom buns with sloppy joe mixture and a slice of cheese. Place under broiler for 30 seconds until cheese is melted and top buns are golden.
*This recipe is adapted from Emily at http://www.emilybites.com/2012/01/philly-cheesesteak-sloppy-joes.html*
7 thoughts on “Philly Cheesesteak Sloppy Joes”
Yumm those sound perfect for a cool evening!
Thanks, Rebekah. Hope you’re all doing well.
Ooh, definitely pinned
I made these tonight for SRC. They were delicious and I will definitely make them again.
Glad you liked them!