Today Blogger CLUE is continuing with our Fall celebrations with a wide open theme of “Autumn” for October’s reveal day.
This month I was assigned the blog Eliot’s Eats. I actually had Debra’s blog for the berries reveal day. Her blog is named after her cat (and favorite poet). I had fun searching through Debra’s blog this time with another season in mind. And I was ecstatic to find a plethora of sweet potato recipes!
When it comes to Autumn recipes the blogosphere becomes filled with pumpkin this and pumpkin that. Thanks to a pumpkin allergy (which I developed at the ripe old age of 21) Fall cooking has become quite disheartening. Luckily there’s the lovely sweet potato to make me pretend I’m in on the craze. 🙂
I made two dishes from Eliot’s Eats this month – one I made a fair number of changes to and will be sharing with you at a later date and this simple side dish. These sweet potatoes are doused in a honey sriracha sauce before being baked until tender. This sauce would be fantastic for any number of vegetables and even chicken. Actually, while I was mixing up the concoction I couldn’t get wings off the brain – probably because of the melted butter and the smell of vinegary heat. Yum!
I used half of the amount of sriracha Debra used on the off chance my little man would give them a try. (And because I’m a wimp.) I’m happy to report my 15 month old showed a little interest and worked on fork stabbing practice with these potatoes. He even licked a couple, but wouldn’t actually eat it. (…I’m trying to remain calm and patient while he goes through this stage of eating…)
Honey Sriracha Sweet Potatoes
- 2 small or 1 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size cubes
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1-2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes in a bowl.
- Whisk together butter, honey, sriracha, and olive oil. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat. Season with salt.
- Place potatoes on prepared baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes until tender, flip the potatoes halfway through the cooking process.
*This recipe is adapted from Debra at http://eliotseats.com/2015/04/12/roasted-sweet-potatoes-with-honey-and-sriracha/*
Here’s a list of the other players of Blogger CLUE this month:
- Apple Coffee Cake by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- Applesauce Cranberry Bundt Cake by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Baked Squash Stuffed with Homemade Applesauce by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Banana Peanut Butter Chip Muffins by Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Braised Chicken Leg Quarters by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brussels Sprouts with Harissa, Honey and Lime by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins by Lora from Cake Duchess
- Creamy Butternut Squash Soup by Azmina from Lawyer Loves Lunch
- Fire-Roasted Tomato Soup by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Frangelico Squares by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Garlic Home Fries by Kim from Liv Life
- German Apple Pancake by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Hot Curried Chicken Salad by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Pumpkin Bran Muffins by Anna from annaDishes
- Pumpkin Bread with Pumpkin Ale by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Pumpkin Palmiers by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Raspberry Cointreau Syllabub by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Witchy Finger Cookies by Sue from A Palatable Pastime