The sun is shining, the warm air is blowing, and Blogger CLUE is hitting the grill!
This month I was assigned the blog Anna Dishes. Anna’s blog is so bright and cheery it just invites you in to take a look around. She has a wide variety of recipes, beautiful floral arrangements, and even some travel posts!
I was on a mission to find something to throw on the grill and I settled on her Sriracha and Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers. I made a couple of changes to her recipe, though. Instead of Lawry’s seasoning and garlic salt I used Caribeque Island Thyme. I also omitted the Sriracha from the burger itself and instead made a Sriracha mayo as the burger’s condiment. The reasoning behind doing so was to control the amount of heat in the patty for my 1 year old. I am disappointed to say my little man did not have any interest in the burger and hope that he’ll try the leftovers with me for lunch tomorrow! My husband and I greatly enjoyed the unique flavor profile of this burger. The sweetness of the potato pairs with the subtle spiciness of the Island Thyme and helps keep the burgers perfectly moist.
Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers
- 1 lb ground turkey (I used 85/15)
- 3/4 C mashed sweet potato (I peeled, boiled, and mashed)
- 3/4 C panko
- 2 tsp Caribeque Island Thyme
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 C mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp Sriracha (or to taste)
- cheese (optional)
- 6 hamburger buns
- favorite burger toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, etc
- In a large bowl combine turkey, potato, panko, seasoning, egg, and olive oil until fully incorporated. Form in 6 equal sized patties.
- Grill 5-6 minutes on each side, or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached. Add cheese during last minute of cooking time if using.
- Make sriracha mayo: whisk mayo, sriracha, and a pinch of salt.
- Assemble burgers: place burger toppings on bottom bun, top with patty, and spread sriracha mayo on the top bun.
*This recipe is modified from Anna at http://www.annadishes.com/sriracha-and-sweet-potato-turkey-burgers/#sthash.YLkvIG5n.MgYhoZtj.dpbs*
Here’s a list of the other players of Blogger CLUE this month:
- Artichoke and Green Chile Stuffed Mushrooms by Jean from Lemons and Anchovies
- Arugula Salad with Figs, Prosciutto, Walnuts, and Parmesan by Kathy from Bakeaway with Me
- Bourbon Baked Beans by Stacy from Food Lust People Love
- Classic Southern Potato Salad by Alice from A Mama, Baby and Shar-pei in the Kitchen
- Cornish Game Hens with Citrus, Herb and Whiskey Glaze by Kate from Kate’s Kitchen
- Crinkle Sugar Cookies by Lisa from Authentic Suburban Gourmet
- Crockpot Chili Dog Sauce by Kelli from Kelli’s Kitchen
- Grilled Asian-Style Chicken by Christy from Confessions of a Culinary Diva
- Grilled Chicken Shish Tawookby Sue from A Palatable Pastime
- Grilled Salmon with Mojo de Ajo by Kathy from A Spoonful of Thyme
- Grilled Southwestern Chicken Salad by Aly from Cooking in Stilettos
- Grilled Zucchini with Sea Salt and Lemon Zest by Christiane from Taking on Magazines
- Lemintini by Anna from annaDishes
- Marinated Grilled Flank Steak by Debra from Eliot’s Eats
- Oklahoma Spicy Baked Beans by Lea Ann from Cooking on the Ranch
- Spatchcock BBQ Chicken by Wendy from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Steak Kabobs by Liz from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Sweet Potato Turkey Burgers by Lauren from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- White Bean Tomato and Basil Salad by Rebekah from Making Miracles
- Zesty Grilled Ham Steaks by Heather from girlichef
Disclaimer: I received Caribeque Island Thyme in participating in #HotSummerEats. All opinions are my own.