Happy Spring everyone! Does it feel like spring where you are? I’m not fully convinced Ohio knows that the season’s have changed yet. Don’t get me wrong, there isn’t anymore snow on the ground, and it is warmer. But it’d be nice to see the sun. Friday, the first official day of spring, was very dreary – chilly, grey, and rainy. I’m pretty sure the grey and rainy is pretty standard up here though.
I am looking forward to the day when the sun is shining and it’s 70 degrees. I hope I don’t have to wait for summer for that! Now that my little man is a very successful sitter (and army crawler) I’m anxious to get him to the park and into a swing. There’s a park at the end of our neighborhood and I always head there on my walks, but I want my husband to be there for his son’s first time in a swing. So this beautiful spring day needs to happen on a weekend!
When I think spring, I think Easter, tulips, pastel colors, eggs, and bunnies. I found this clever smoothie in my foodgawker favorites and decided to give it a shot. My layers weren’t as separate as hers were. But I used my own recipe for my smoothie flavors. My smoothies weren’t thick enough to give the effect I was looking for, but I went with it and it still yielded a pretty result. Phew!
My flavors were: blackberry & blueberry, pineapple & orange, and strawberry. I used whole milk vanilla yogurt and milk in each flavor, and added some vanilla protein powder to the pineapple & orange. I put too much milk in the smoothies – but I do prefer to drink my smoothies through a straw and the texture is perfect for that, just not perfect for staying separate layers. Here’s the ratio I used: 3/4 C frozen fruit, 1/4 C + 1 tbsp yogurt, 1/2 C milk. My amounts make 2 smoothies.
Here’s the how-to for an Easter Egg Smoothie:
Pick three (or more) different flavored smoothies. Use colors that will contrast.
Make each smoothie and keep in the freezer until ready to assemble.
Layer smoothies into a glass.
- Easter Egg Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Home-made Limoncello by Manu’s Menu
- Meyer Lemon Rosemary Martini by The Redhead Baker
- Asparagus and Roasted Garlic Hummus by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Lemon and Goat Cheese Dip by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Cauliflower Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Green Asparagus Soup with Seared Scallops by An Appealing Plan
- Panzanella Primavera by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Salmon Berry and Almond Salad with Lemon Honey Dressing by Family Foodie
- Skillet Spinach Artichoke Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Asparagus Gribiche by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Early Peas with Pearl Onions in Cream by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Mustard Vinaigrette by Food Done Light
- Sauteed Artichokes & Potatoes by Carrie’s Experimental Kitchen
- Spring Green Rice by Magnolia Days
- Artichoke Pesto Pasta by PancakeWarriors
- Crispy Honey Chicken Spring Salad by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Early Spring Risotto by Cooking Chat
- Honey Lemon Shrimp by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Irish Lamb Stew by Food Lust People Love
- Perfect Scrambled Eggs with Asparagus, Goat Cheese and Chives by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Quiche Florentine by Curious Cuisiniere
- Roasted Lamb Chops, Fontina Cheese Polenta with Asparagus and Mushrooms by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Root Vegetable Risotto by Momma’s Meals
- Spring Lemon Pasta by MealDiva
- Spring Pea & Chèvre Souffle by FoodieTots
- Spring Vegetable Risotto by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salmon and Strawberry Spinach Salad with a Kentucky Maple Vinaigrette by Dandelion Greens
- Tilapia with Classic Pesto by Whole Food | Real Families
- Veal Stew with Spring Greens by The Texan New Yorker
- Berry Shortcakes by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Blueberry Coconut Macaroons by Pies and Plots
- Blueberry Rhubarb Muffins by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Carrot Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Icing by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Gluten Free Healthy Hummingbird Cake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Lemon Cream Pie with Girl Scouts Lemonade Cookie Crust by Our Good Life
- Lemon Meringue Pie by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Low-Fat Strawberry Muffins by Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Matcha Strawberry Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Palm Sunday Easter Bread by Love and Confections
- Pretzels, Peanut Butter, and Beer Cake Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Sticky Carrot Squares by What Smells So Good?
- Three Berry Coconut Crispies by Simply Healthy Family
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.