Do you know what today is?
It’s National Pancake Day!
I didn’t know that until yesterday. When an email from Yummly showed up in my inbox. (Honestly, I have tried to unsubscribe from their emails for way too long now. But I guess today I was thankful to have received it.) I immediately rushed to the computer to start typing up this post. I already had pictures of pancakes on my camera patiently waiting for the perfect day to be transformed into a blog post.
That day is today.
Maple Blueberry Pancakes
- 2 C whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1 C yogurt (I used vanilla)
- 1 1/4 C milk
- 1/4 C real maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 1/2 C frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- In another bowl whisk together eggs, yogurt, milk, syrup, and vanilla. Whisk in the melted butter.
- Combine the wet ingredients into the dry. Fold in the blueberries. (You can also add blueberries individually to your pancakes when you drop the batter onto the griddle.)
- On a hot buttered griddle drop 1/4 C of batter into pancakes. Flip pancakes when batter starts to set and bubbles form in the center of the pancake. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
*This recipe is adapted from Sally at http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2015/01/16/whole-wheat-blueberry-pancakes/*
Yes, that’s my quilt Blueberry Pickin’ used in the photograph of these blueberry pancakes. 😉
2 thoughts on “Maple Blueberry Pancakes”
Looks yummy! So syrup is IN the batter!