If you are looking for a healthy grab-and-go breakfast then stop your search. This recipe is just the thing you’re looking for! Banana bread. But not just any banana bread. This banana bread is oil free and sugar free*.
Wait, what’s that asterisk for? There’s already a catch?! Well, sorta. Honey replaces the sugar (or you could use agave!) and applesauce replaces the oil. This recipe remains sugar free IF you use a sugar free applesauce. I used my favorite organic cinnamon applesauce, but it wasn’t sugar free.
Clean Eating Banana Bread
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C sugar-free applesauce
- 3/4 C honey
- 2 C whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl mash bananas. Mix in the eggs, honey, and applesauce.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients. Pour batter into a lightly greased loaf pan. Bake 1 hour, or until a knife comes out cleanly.
*This recipe is adapted from Karli at http://8weekstoabetteryourecipes.blogspot.com/2012/09/banana-bread-8-week-friendly.html*