It’s Monday and it’s still #10DaysofTailgate hosted by Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla. That means my #10DaysofTailgate post gets a Mexican Monday twist!
Today’s dip features two of our wonderful #10DaysofTailgate sponsors: El Diablo Hot & Spicy Mustard and Bob’s Red Mill. Combine their products with Velveeta and you have a dip fit to make any tailgater happy.
Bob’s Red Mill provided us with a bag of their 13 Bean Soup Mix. With it, I made 13 bean chili to do a play on my mandatory tailgating dip. I even added El Diablo Chipotle Mustard to give it another depth of flavor – a tiny bit of heat and a mustardy bite of vinegar.
Chile con Queso
Ingredients for the chili:
- 1 1/2 C 13 Bean Soup Mix
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 C canned diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
Steps for the chili:
- Soften beans by boiling for five minutes. Remove from heat and soak at least one hour. Drain.
- Cover beans with 5 C water and simmer until tender 2-3 hours.
- Brown ground beef. Add onion and garlic, cook until translucent. Drain.
- Add beef, tomatoes, chili powder, and S+P to the beans. Bring to a gentle boil and cook 50-60 minutes.
Ingredients for the Chile con Queso:
- 1 C chili (recommended recipe above)
- 1 lb Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 5 tsp El Diablo Chipotle Mustard
Steps for the Chile con Queso:
- In a saucepan heat up chili.
- Melt in cheese.
- Add mustard and stir until combined.
- Keep warm in slow cooker. And serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway and be sure to check out the other bloggers who posted more tailgating recipes today:
BBQ Sausage & Cheese Plate by The Spiffy Cookie
Vegified Hot “Wings” by Curious Cuisiniere
Fried Polenta Cakes with Grilled Tomato and Mozzarella Salad by Love and Confections
Smoky Karma Stovetop Beans by Culinary Adventures with Camilla