Today marks day five of #10DaysofTailgate hosted by Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla! Hopefully you followed yesterday even though I took a mini break from the event to celebrate my brother-in-law’s birthday. If you didn’t, follow this link to Camilla’s page to check out the wonderful tailgating displays from day four’s tailgating spread.
For my birthday this year we went to my parents’ lake house in Lake Geneva, WI. While we were there we had a huge “meet and greet” for the family to come on out to the lake and see the newest addition to the family, my son Wesley. The rain stayed away and we had a wonderful time in the backyard with food and drinks. A family tailgate, if you will!
One of my cousins brought a dip over that I’d never had before. It was a cold corn dip with shredded cheddar cheese. She told me the list of ingredients and I knew I would have to try and recreate it for #10DaysofTailgate. The ingredient list included cayenne pepper – but I knew that I would be spicing my dip up with a different secret weapon – Carrot Karma hot sauce by the Intensity Academy.
When I discovered that I’d be receiving a bottle of carrot based hot sauce, the first question out of my aunt’s mouth was “How do you make hot sauce of out carrots?!” I can’t answer that question, but I do know that the Intensity Academy uses all natural ingredients. Their philosophy is “Through the perfect karma of good foods, one meets the Perfect Guru, whose taste is intense.” The level of heat in this hot sauce is perfect, it’s mild enough for people afraid of spicy foods yet lends perfect flavor for that little somethin’ somethin’. And when people ask you, “What is that?” you’ll be able to surprise them with a reply of “carrot hot sauce!”
Corn and Cheddar Dip
- 1 can (15.25 oz) Southwest Corn with Poblano and Red Peppers, drained
- 1 1/2 C shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/8 C mayonnaise
- 1/8 C sour cream
- 1 – 1 1/4 tsp Carrot Karma Hot Sauce (depending on your heat preference)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- In a large bowl gently stir together corn, cheese, and scallions.
- In a small bowl whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, hot sauce, and salt. Add more hot sauce to taste.
- Pour mayo mixture over corn mixture and gently mix until combined. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve. Remix dip to break it up before serving.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.
Thank you Michele for sponsoring our event.
Disclaimer: I was provided a bottle of Carrot Karma hot sauce through this event, however all opinions and statements are my own.
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway and be sure to check out the other bloggers who posted more tailgating recipes today: