April 14th is National Pecan Day.
I’ve been wanting to try using the honey we brought back from Hawaii and after a trip to the Marietta Square farmer’s market in Atlanta where we inhaled Angel Pecans from Ye Olde Christmas and Candy Shoppe I knew that roasted nuts in honey would be a great way to utilize the Hawaiian honey. But first, I needed to do test runs with cheaper products.
National Pecan Day was an excellent excuse to try it out. I already had pecans in the pantry and my friend Tara of Tara’s Multicultural Table gave us vanilla bean infused honey for Christmas. I happily used that, roasted the pecans in the oven, and tossed with a little powdered sugar.
Vanilla Honey Roasted Pecans
- 1/3 C vanilla bean infused honey
- 1 1/2 C pecan halves
- 1/8 – 1/4 C powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place honey in a microwave safe dish and microwave for 20 seconds.
- Toss pecans in honey. Place pecans in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- Remove pecans from baking sheet and allow to cool in a single layer. Toss in powdered sugar, to taste.