My dream job would be to host my own show on Food Network. I know I have a long way to go and it’s something that will most likely never happen, but hey, that’s why it’s called a dream job.
Every year I watch Next Food Network Star. Spoiler Alert – I am very excited for this summer’s winner, Damaris, and her show this fall but I was drawn to Nikki Dinki from day one. This recipe, is one of hers. It’s very quick and simple to prepare and tastes incredible. I do not like Greek yogurt – I am not on the bandwagon – but I didn’t want to stray from Nikki’s recipe (I did have to switch the fish based on local availability though) so I gave it another shot. The Greek yogurt complimented the red pepper pesto perfectly. Mixing the panko with the pesto also provided a beautiful crust on top of the fish. I promise you this is a new staple in my kitchen.
Red Pepper Pesto Crusted Tilapia
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/4 C pine nuts
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 shallot, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 C parmesan cheese
- 1/4 C olive oil
- 4 4oz tilapia filets
- 1 C panko
- 4 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Make pesto: combine peppers, nuts, thyme, garlic, shallot, cheese, and olive oil in a food processor.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Season fish with salt and pepper. Spread 1 tbsp of yogurt on each filet.
- Mix 1/2 C pesto from step 1 with the bread crumbs. (Or you could use store bought jarred red pepper pesto instead) Press onto each filet. Bake 20 minutes on a foil lined baking sheet.
*Both recipes are adapted from Nikki at http://www.nikkidinkicooking.com/home/red-pepper-pesto.html and http://www.nikkidinkicooking.com/home/pesto-crusted-halibut-grape-risotto.html*
One thought on “Red Pepper Pesto Crusted Tilapia”
That’s one thing I miss about cable, Food Network.