What do you do when your attempt a fancy dinner fails and there’s no time for take-out? Crescent Calzones! (Even better when your husband keeps you calm in the kitchen, makes you laugh, and helps you cook!)
- 1 can crescent rolls (will yield 4 calzones)
- 1/4 – 1/2 C jarred marinara sauce
- 1 C shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 C packed spinach leaves
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Herbs de Provence
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pinch together two crescent triangles to create a rectangle. Do this four times.
- Fill each rectangle with sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and spinach. Only do this on one half so you can fold over the remaining dough. With a fork, crimp the dough together. Cut a slit in the top of the dough with a sharp paring knife. Place calzones on a baking sheet sprinkled with corn meal – you could simply spray the sheet with non-stick cooking spray if you want. Note: you can substitute whatever protein/veggies you’d like. It’s a pizza – the limits are only in your pantry/fridge!
- Brush each calzone with olive oil. Sprinkle with seasoning and salt.
- Bake 12-15 minutes (or according to crescent directions).