For as long as I can remember, I’ve had cinnamon rolls for Sunday breakfast. Not the slave in the kitchen home made cinnamon rolls, the pre-made refrigerated dough in a can kind. My brother and I actually still prefer them to the “real thing”. Now that I’m “all grown up” and married, I still buy them!
Before going to sleep last night, my husband was already looking forward to cinnamon rolls for breakfast. Unfortunately we didn’t have any. But I wasn’t about to disappoint! I had a can of crescent rolls so I decided to wing it. The experiment was successful so now the photographs won’t be going to waste! A blog post has been born. 🙂
Mini Cinna-Crescent Rolls
- 1 can crescent rolls
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9″ round cake pan.
- Unroll crescent dough, making a rectangle out of two crescents. Over lap and press the seam together. Repeat making a total of 4 rectangles.
- Mix brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Top each rectangle of dough with a good heaping tablespoon of the brown sugar cinnamon mix. Roll along the longest edge. Cut into 1-2″ rolls. Place cut side down in cake pan. Bake for 15-18 minutes.
- Make frosting by whisking the powdered sugar and milk. Add more milk 1/4 tsp at a time if needed. Drizzle frosting over Mini Cinna-Crescent Rolls.
One thought on “Mini Cinna-Crescent Rolls”