Tomorrow kicks off Holy Week and that means we’re only 8 days away from Easter!
If you’re looking for great ways to get your kids involved in the kitchen, look no further! I’ve got some fabulous Easter and spring recipes to brighten up your week, thanks to my food blogging friends.
What kid doesn’t love Bunnies?:
- There’s nothing cuter than these Dutch Easter Bunny Breads from Tara’s Multicultural Table!
- The Preppy Kitchen has some adorable Bunny Ear and Bunny Butt Cupcakes to tickle anyone’s “awww” reflex.
- I know my kids would get a good giggle out of these Bunny Butt Pretzels from Adventures of Frugal Mom.
- Bunnies aren’t just for eating, either! Staying Close to Home made some Bunny Rabbit Bar Soap.
- Why not throw those soaps in these super adorable Bunny Gift Bags from A Fork’s Tale?!
Chicks are essential to Spring time celebrating:
- The Simple Life made the sweetest doughnuts and cupcakes in all their yellow cuteness.
- The Preppy Kitchen hits it out of the park again with these adorable Easter Chick Cupcakes, too!
- Strawberry Chicks are hanging out with Blueberry Cereal Nests over at Caroline’s Cooking!
With Chicks come Nests:
- These classic Butterscotch Haystacks from The Typical Mom Surviving and Thriving with Kids make perfect nests for those popular Easter egg candies.
- Stacey Homemaker discovered that Granola makes for great Bird Nests, too!
- Kids would love decorating the Sugar Cookie Bird Nests from Celebrating Sweets.
- My Gorgeous Recipes created perfect nests out of chocolate rice krispies.
- Trial and Eater made some spectacular Coconut Macaroon Nests.
And with Nests come Eggs:
- Stunning spring colored Easter eggs made from cookie dough from Certified Pastry Aficionado will have you doing a double take!
- Culinary Ginger made those popular Creme Filled Eggs from scatch!
- Homemade Chocolate Covered Almond Butter Eggs are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike.
- Fruity Egg Baskets from Elephantastic Vegan will have you and your guests doing a double take at your Easter brunch!
- Some eggs are just better when they’re actually carrot cake, like these gluten-free and vegan Carrot Cake Easter Eggs from The Happiness Kitchen
Eggs aren’t just for eating either, here are great ways to decorate them this Easter:
- My Sweet Mission might be my personal hero with these Tie Dye Easter Eggs!
- Did you ever think to use temporary tattoos for decorating your Easter eggs? Well Bree Talks did and these Metallic Tattoo Eggs are pretty trendy.
- Kids will definitely have fun decorating these Shaving Cream Colored Easter Eggs from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us.
- For little kids, decorating plastic eggs might be the safer way to go and these Jeweled Easter Eggs from Stacey Homemaker are perfect!
- If you prefer a more natural approach, At the Corner of Happy and Harried has 6 different color ideas for you to try.
An Easter Round-Up wouldn’t be complete with uses for Peeps:
- Home Made Interest knows that S’mores aren’t just for summer time, by using Peeps this S’mores Dip is perfect for Spring.
- Did you know you can make your own Homemade Marshmallow Peeps that are even Paleo!? Forest and Fauna did.
- Let kids play with their food with this Edible Peeps Playdough from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us.
Please, don’t forget the reason for the season:
Resurrection Rolls from Coffee With Us 3