We had our final Recipe Club meeting last week. With most of us moving in the next couple of months the group looks like it’s fizzled to a stop. I had a great time with these ladies and met my best friend up here (and Firecracker’s best friend, too!) through this group and I am forever grateful. I couldn’t have imagined this assignment here in Ohio without these fabulous ladies and the clubs and groups that I joined while here.
For our last meeting I suggested “Date Night” as a theme, taking a cue from the holiday this Sunday. We had a very small gathering, only six of us! (There are seven items listed below because I brought two dishes.) I wasn’t surprised by the small turn out as most of our husbands are in hunker down mode finishing up their theses..thesii? I know I can’t wait for thesis defense to happen and the stress level in our life go down just a tad. So it’s no surprise that there was a good deal of chocolate on the menu during out meeting!
Here are the recipes that were brought to the “Date Night” potluck”
- Spinach Artichoke Dip: http://natashaskitchen.com/2012/09/30/spinach-and-artichoke-dip-recipe/
- Buffalo Chicken Braid
- Tomato Bacon Acorn Squash Gnocchi
- Spinach and Ricotta Ravioli: https://sewyoucancook.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/spinach-and-ricotta-ravioli/
- Peanut Butter Mud Pie: https://velata.com/Portals/6/Images/Recipes/cards/extras/Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Mud-Pie.pdf
- S’mores Parfaits: Layers of homemade chocolate pudding, graham cracker crumbs, mini marshmallows, and chocolate ganache <not photographed>
- Cherry Chocolate Brownie Pie <recipe to come at the end of the month!>