I must take a step aside from #BrunchWeek today because I simply couldn’t pass up this month’s #FoodieExtravaganza! Today’s event is hosted by Stacy at Food Lust People Love. May has some wonderful food holidays that Stacy could have selected, like National Barbecue Month, Salad Month, or Salsa Month; National Enchilada Day, Eat What You Want Day, or Chocolate Chip Day, but she selected arguably my favorite food – the burger. (I say arguably because I’m still undecided if I like pizza or burgers more…)
I rarely make burgers at home, in fact I only have two recipes on my blog – both of which are turkey burgers. It was time to make a beef burger. But as it’s a special occasion (#FoodieExtravaganza day), I went with a “fancy” burger. I say fancy because this burger isn’t topped with lettuce, tomato, and mayo. This baby gets candied jalapenos, bacon, and caramelized pineapple.
Pineapple and Bacon Burgers with Candied Jalapenos
- 7/8 C sugar
- 1/4 C apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 japalenos, sliced
- 1 lb 80/20 ground beef
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3-4 tbsp butter
- 2 – 4 pineapple rings (depending on size)
- 4 slices center cut bacon, cooked
- sliced fontinella cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- mayo, for spreading
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together the sugar, vinegar, and garlic powder. Bring to a boil for 2 minutes and add the jalapeno slices (cover completely in the liquid). Reduce heat to a simmer and cook 4 minutes. Strain and place the jalapenos in the fridge.
- Using your hands, mix ground beef and garlic with S+P. Form into four patties.
- Melt 1-2 tbsp butter in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Cook burgers to desired doneness. Melt cheese over burgers during the last two minutes of cook time.
- In a large nonstick skillet, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Cook pineapple rings until golden, 5 minutes per side.
- Assemble burgers: spread mayo on hamburger buns, top patties with pineapple, cooked bacon, and candied jalapenos.
*This recipe is adapted from Jessica at http://www.howsweeteats.com/2014/05/bacon-pineapple-burgers-or-maybe-omgburgers/*
Be sure to check out the rest of these burger recipes:
If you would like to join our group and blog along with us, come join our Facebook page Foodie Extravaganza. We would love to have you!