Yesterday marked the start of football season and today’s recipe comes to you straight from Auburn.
I was going to share this recipe with you yesterday, but when I saw that today’s Sunday Supper theme was “No Labor” recipes I knew it fit in perfectly. Because what could involve less labor than two ingredients and a microwave?! I’m not even making any dishes either! Thank you to the Sunday Supper Movement for hosting today’s event.
There is a restaurant called Momma Goldberg’s Deli right next to campus that has been open since 1976. What makes this deli unique is that their sandwiches are steamed! (Never in my wildest dreams would I attempt to recreate one of their deli sandwiches at home.) In 2007 Momma G’s became a franchise and has now expanded to 26 additional locations across 4 states.
If you find yourself at a Momma G’s establishment, you must get an order of Momma’s Nachos. (And don’t forget to order a beverage for your souvenir cup – we have quite the collection from their various locations.) Or, you could make them at home like I did. Only problem is that I don’t have their fancy steamers and used the microwave. While still deliciously simple and the perfect tailgating food, the cheese didn’t melt into the chips the same way Momma’s does.
Copy Cat: Momma’s Nachos
- nacho cheese Doritos chips
- slices of pepper jack cheese
- jalapenos (optional)
- Place chips on a paper plate. Place slices of cheese over top. Add jalapenos if using.
- Microwave 5-10 seconds – keep on eye on it, as cheese melts quickly!
Savory Snacks and Sides:
- Acorn Squash, Black Bean and Spinach Quesadillas by Our Good Life
- Copy Cat: Momma’s Nachos by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Cream Cheese and Peach Chutney Pastry Cups by Soni’s Food
- Easy Peasy Cole Slaw by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Fruit & Cheese Platter by The Freshman Cook
- Olive Tapenade by Whole Food | Real Families
- Semi-Homemade Baked Beans by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Smoked Salmon Spread with Sourdough Baguette by A Gouda Life
Labor Free Main Dishes:
- Ace of Clubs by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Easy and Tasty Filet Mignon on the Grill by Family Foodie
- Easy Baked Spaghetti for a Crowd by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Greek Salad Endive Boats by Casa de Crews
- Grilled Butternut Squash, Zucchini and Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pesto Chicken with Fennel & Tomato Couscous by Books n’ Cooks
- Simple Cheese Enchiladas by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Simple Grilled Rosemary Shrimp by Nosh My Way
- Slow Cooker Chicken Sloppy Joes by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork with Mustard Barbecue Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spicy Thai Noodles by Momma’s Meals
Sweet Treats and Drinks:
- Apple Spice Dump Cake by Palatable Pastime
- Blender Chocolate Mousse by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles by What Smells So Good?
- Coconut Martini by Desserts Required
- Creamy Coconut Popsicles by Food Lust People Love
- Eiskaffee by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Healthy Grab’n’Go Breakfast Muffins by Happy Baking Days
- Mango Salad with Crystallized Ginger by MealDiva
- Mini Pavlovas by Curious Cuisiniere
- One Step Vanilla Sauce by Magnolia Days
- White Chocolate Peanut Butter Truffle Bars by Pies and Plots
Labor Free Labor Day:
- 10 Store-Bought Cooking Shortcuts by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.