I have reached a new point as a busy mom of two trying keeping up a household and a blog. This post is being written from the WordPress app on my phone while I kid myself that I’m going to bed “early.”
Last week was the first week back to reality from the holidays. And it was a rough one! My husband started his final quarter of his Masters program and is working tirelessly on his thesis. The boys had doctor appointments 3 of the 5 days which made getting a rhythm of Dad back at work a little more difficult. Both naps and bedtimes have been difficult which means if I want to get any blogging done it’s not until after 11 or 12 and that means I crawl into bed at 1 am (with the hopes and prayers that both boys will sleep solidly until 7).
So now I’m trying out this app to see if I can gain multi-tasking time in snippets during late night feedings and moments when the kids fall asleep while out running errands.
Good thing I’m trying this post out on an easy recipe! Kale chips. These kale chips are dusted with barbecue seasoning after baking which makes this crunchy healthy snack a little addicting.
BBQ Kale Chips
- bunch of kale, stems removed
- 1/8 C paprika
- 1 tbsp ancho chili powder
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Tear kale into bite-sized pieces. Place on prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake kale chips 18-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until crispy.
- Make barbecue seasoning: combine all the spices and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle seasoning over the kale chips after removing from the oven.
*This recipe is adapted from Jeff Mauro, Food Network Magazine January/February 2015*