#HotSummerEats hosted by Camilla of Culinary Adventures with Camilla continues through the weekend! While it’s technically still spring, the weather is warm (or well, it’s supposed to be – Ohio needs to get its act together!) and the pull to get grilling is strong. I couldn’t go through this entire event without heading outside and throwing some burgers on the grill.
I decided to use the blank canvas of chicken to form my patties so I could fill them with lots of flavor thanks to #HotSummerEats sponsor Gourmet Garden. I love using their stir-in-pastes and am also falling in love with their lightly dried herb selection. Gourmet Garden herbs are a perfect way to add fresh herbs to dishes – I don’t have an herb garden as I have a thumb as black as it gets and I don’t like spending the money on fresh herbs unless I know I’ll go through the whole bunch because otherwise it ends up being a waste and weeks later I find green mush hiding in my fridge.
Next time you have people over for burgers and dogs offer up this moist and flavorful chicken burger.
Herby Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken (I used dark meat)
- 1/3 C panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp Gourmet Garden Italian Herbs Paste
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Parsley Paste
- 1 tsp Gourmet Garden Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- pinch Gourmet Garden Dried Chili Pepper
- burger toppings: lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo
- 4 burger buns
- In a bowl mix chicken, panko, milk, Italian herbs paste, parsley paste, garlic paste, salt, pepper, and chili flakes. When burger mixture is combined divide into four equal sized patties.
- Grill over medium heat 7 minutes per side, or until an internal temperature of 165 degrees F is reached.
Don’t forget to enter our giveaway and be sure to check out the other bloggers who posted more summertime recipes today:
Thank you to #HotSummerEats sponsors BenBella Vegan, Caribeque, Casabella, Gourmet Garden, Intensity Academy, Not Ketchup, Out of the Weeds, Pirate Jonny’s, Quirk Books, Spicely Organics, T.Lish , and Voodoo Chef for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for#HotSummerEats without additional compensation. All opinions are my own.