Are you ready for the big game next weekend? I am! As an Auburn graduate I am a huge Cam Newton fan. Seriously, love that man (and his smile)! Not only is he an incredible athlete but he is a man making a difference in his community and in the lives of children. Even though he did leave Auburn to go to the NFL after taking us to a National Championship victory, he returned to Auburn in the off season to finish his degree. War Eagle, Cam!
But I digress.
If your team didn’t make it (my main team allegiance is the Chicago Bears) that doesn’t mean you can’t gather with friends and watch history in the making. Besides, there are always commercials and the half-time show if you don’t care about the game itself. And if none of that appeals to you, just show up for some good food! The Sunday Supper crew has a wonderful variety of recipes to create the perfect game watching menu. Thank you to T.R. Crumbley of Gluten Free Crumbley for assembling the team!
Today I’m sharing a recipe for chicken wings. To me, wings are the ultimate football watching food! (Well, that and some sort of dip.) Chicken wings aren’t hard to make at home either. Especially when you can do them in the slow cooker! Whaat? Yes, it’s true! The trick is popping them under the broiler right before serving to get them crispy. These particular wings are cooked in a Thai-inspired peanut sauce. I then garnish them with cilantro, lime wedges, and chopped peanuts. Delicious.
(P.S. Happy Birthday, Mom!)
Slow Cooker Thai Wings
- 1/2 C creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 1/4 C brown sugar
- 1-2 tbsp chili paste, to taste (I used Gourmet Garden stir-in paste)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed (I used 1 tsp Gourmet Garden chunky garlic stir-in paste)
- 2-4 lb chicken wings, tips removed and wings split
- cilantro (I used Gourmet Garden lightly dried herbs), for garnish (optional)
- limes, for garnish (optional)
- chopped peanuts, for garnish (optional)
- Lightly grease the bowl of your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili paste, and garlic. Adjust chili paste to taste. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add the wings and toss to coat all the wings in the sauce. Cook on LOW 2-4 hours.
- Place cooked wings on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet. Broil on HIGH for 3-5 minutes, until crispy.
- Garnish with cilantro, lime, and peanuts if desired.
*This recipe is adapted from Rachel at http://followinginmyshoes.com/my-recipes/sweet-n-spicy-slow-cooker-wings*
Appetizers and Sides
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Wholistic Woman
- Avocado Egg Rolls by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Bacon Wrapped Potato Wedges by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Buttermilk Battered Chicken Wings by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Cajun Okra Fries by Food Lust People Love
- Cheddar Sausage Balls by Tramplingrose
- Cheese Board and Baguettes Make for the Start of a Great Game Day Feast by Delaware Girl Eats
- Cheesy Crabmeat Canapés by Meal Planning Magic
- Cheesy Sausage Dip by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Chicken Fajita Nachos by Sweet Mornings
- Chipotle-Ranch Chicken Wings by Casa de Crews
- Corn Dog Muffins by Noshing With The Nolands
- Crock-Pot Bean Dip by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Deep Fried Pimento Cheese and Celery Bites by Granny’s Down Home Sassy Southern Cooking
- Dill Pickle Dip by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Fish Taquitos by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Asian Sweet Chili Wings by Flippin’ Delicious
- Healthy Guacamole Recipe by Real Food Real Deals
- Hogs in a blanket by Cooking on the Ranch
- Hot Pork Roll and Cheese Dip by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Nacho Waffle Fries by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Patatas Pobres for a Crowd by Lydia’s Flexitarian Kitchen
- Pepperoni Pizza Bites by Family Foodie
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by Daily Dish Recipes
- Pimento Cheese-Stuffed Bacon Wrapped Dates by The Healthy Fit Foodie
- Rajas by Pook’s Pantry
- Roasted Broccoli Artichoke Dip by Cooking Chat
- Slow Cooker Thai Wings by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Smoky Blender Salsa by What Smells So Good?
- Southwestern Eggroll Cups by A Gouda Life
- Southwestern Flatbread and a “Design Your Own Flatbread” Table by The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Szechuan Shrimp Lettuce Cups by Palatable Pastime
- Sweet and Spicy Hummus by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Texas Caviar by Books n’ Cooks
- Tex-Mex Egg Rolls by Cookin’ Mimi
- Thai Beef Taco Bites by Brunch-n-Bites
- Three Cheese Macaroni Bites by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders With Tangy Warm Cabbage Slaw by Taste And See
- Buffalo Chicken Chili by Monica’s Table
- Cheeseburger Pizza by Life Tastes Good
- Cheesy Cheesesteaks by Family Around The Table
- Emeril’s Chicken and Andouille Gumbo by The Texan New Yorker
- Game Day Chili by Our Good Life
- Handy Beef Buns by Get the Good Stuff
- Lahmacun – Turkish flatbread by Caroline’s Cooking
- New Jersey Sloppy Joe by kimchi MOM
- Pizza Pasta Bake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pork Italiano Sandwich by The Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Puerto Rican Pernil (Garlic Roast Pork) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Ree’s Philly Cheesesteaks by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Slow Cooker Italian Sausage Cheese Bombers by Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Tuna Croquette Sliders with Avocado Pesto by The Crumby Cupcake
Desserts and Drinks
- Chocolate Football Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cinnamon Sugar Chex Mix by Pies and Plots
- Game Day Mocktails by Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Football Potato Candy by Gluten Free Crumbley
- S’more Poutine by Desserts Required
- Super Duper Peanut Butter Cup Popcorn by Only Taste Matters
- Big Game Party Recipes plus Sausage and Peppers Over Cheesy Grits by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.