If you’re still keeping up with your New Year’s resolution, good for you! If you’re not – don’t consider it failure, pick it back up and try again.
On January first I promised you a healthy dish. I’m only 3 weeks late in delivering, but here it is! Brown rice pasta (pad thai noodles) and roasted shrimp tossed in avocado pesto.
I followed Amateur Gourmet‘s method for roasting the shrimp and was inspired by The Gracious Pantry‘s avocado pesto. Because I kept tasting throughout the cooking process, I ended up creating my own version of avocado pesto!
Roasted Shrimp and Avocado Pesto
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- 8 oz brown rice noodles
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 C fresh basil
- juice of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 C shredded asiago cheese
- salt and white pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 deg.
- Cook brown rice noodles according to package directions.
- Place shrimp on a greased baking sheet. Season with salt, pepper, and a little squeeze of lemon. Roast for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor combine the remaining ingredients.
- Toss noodles and shrimp with as much avocado pesto you want.