Do you ever have those nights where you simply don’t want to make dinner? But you have all this food in the fridge from earlier in the week that you know you should eat but just don’t want to? I feel like those nights happen here quite a bit.
I’m not typically a simple reheat-the-leftovers type of person (with a few exceptions here and there). Often times leftovers get put into quesadillas, grilled cheese sandwiches, or omelets.
And sometimes they get turned into pizzas!
But what if you don’t have a pizza crust in the fridge or any yeast (or time to let the yeast do its thing)? Well, there’s Pinterest for that! I saved this No Yeast Pizza Crust that took only 15 minutes. I figured, “Why not? What have I got to lose?”
The crust that we got reminded us more of a biscuit than a pizza, hence my post title. You could also infer that leftover taco meat and toppings were used to top the biscuity crust.I used salsa as the sauce, topped it with cooked Mexican chorizo, and Mexican blend cheese. After coming out of the oven I added some fresh chopped lettuce, tomato, and scallions.
And the best part? Firecracker was willingly eating veggies! I guess if you put it on a pizza, kids will eat it.
Biscuit Pizza Dough
- 2 1/4 C flour
- 1 C milk
- 1/2 stick room temperature butter
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- cornmeal, for pizza peel
- Place pizza stone in oven. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Put all ingredients in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment. Mix until the dough forms a ball around the hook.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Roll out to desired thickness. Transfer dough to a pizza peel dusted with corn meal. Top dough with desired toppings.
- Shimmy pizza onto pizza stone. Bake 10-12 minutes.
*This recipe is adapted from Serene at http://houseofyumm.com/no-yeast-pizza-dough/*