Ideally we have seafood once a week and I always have a package of salmon filets in my freezer. If I can’t get to the fish market or forgot to plan our seafood meal of the week this recipe is my easy go-to as I always have the ingredients on hand – and you probably do too!
Pecan Crusted Salmon
- 2 6oz filets of salmon
- 2 tbsp Dijon or Honey mustard
- 1/8 C chopped pecans
- 1/8 C panko bread crumbs
- 1/8 C shredded Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Mix together pecans, panko, and parmesan.
- Spread mustard over the flesh of each filet. Crust with pecan mixture, pressing down lightly to stick. (You may have some left over) Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 15 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
Update May 2017: While this electronic update is occurring end of February 2018, these updated photos are from May 2017! This salmon recipe is so simple and an easy weeknight dinner it’s on our relatively regular recipe rotation. (It’s hard to really have a set recipe rotation when you’re a food blogger – even a casual food blogger!) This salmon pairs well with any vegetable side dish your heart desires.