I would be willing to bet that Starbucks’ earnings increase in the fall. With pumpkin spice lattes and pumpkin Frappuccinos on the menu, everyone gets the craving for fancy coffee beverages. (My personal favorite is the Gingerbread Latte)
But with fame comes imitation, and there are countless Pumpkin Latte recipes floating around the internet. I settled on this version because I had everything on hand!
I whipped up some heavy cream with a little bit of powdered sugar to present a gourmet mugful of PSL.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 1 C milk
- 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 C brewed coffee
- Heat milk, pumpkin, and sugar until hot but not boiling.
- Remove milk from heat and add in vanilla, pumpkin pie spice, and coffee.
- Top with whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice. (Optional)
*This recipe is modified from Joanne at http://www.inspiredtaste.net/8419/pumpkin-spice-latte-at-home-recipe/*